Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Leaving Chile in less than 24 hours....

This has been an extremely long but good month. I fly to Peru tomorrow early in the morning and should be meeting up with Ned and Emily in Lima around noon. On top of trying to get over a nasty cold I also came down with the stomach flu this past weekend and have been wondering how I´m going to survive backpacking in Peru these next two weeks. However, I´m finally starting to feel a little better and hope that I´ve seen the last of Montezuma´s vengeful ways. I have one last errand to run in Santiago and then it´s back to Batuco to pack up. I met a guy named Oscar in Santiago who lived in Provo for a few years studying at UVSC. He´s been involved in a number of import/export ventures and wants to send a few olive oil and avocado oil samples back with me to try and enter the market there. It should be an interesting project for me and something to get a little experience in exportation.

Hasta Peru.

2 comments:

Maren said...

You were quite tired I assume. Just for future reference Provo and UCSD are mutually exclusive.

samueldee said...

Matt!!!!!

I found your blog link, no later than today! Aug 1, and you are probably back in the US already!

Pucon is pretty amazing, eh? Like a Durango Colorado, were Mexico to have kept control of the SW!? I second the motion that you post pics.

Hasta Peru sera entonces!

(for the curious: Oscar went to UVSC, the street dogs have no owners, that is why they are so nice, and the Spanish keyboard is necessary for more than just English print, it helps you write ¿¡ñáéíóú, also it seems Spanish typewriters placed punctuation a little differently than USA ones ...)

- Sam