Sunday, April 13, 2008

Churches on 16th Street
I decided to go for a walk tonight down 16th Street. One of my favorite things about this street are all the beautiful churches that line it. The sky was gray, the sun just about down, and I was using my cell phone, so the pictures aren't incredible, but at least you'll get the idea. Some of them are a little blurry, due to my simultaneous brisk walk/picture snapping. Just as I was about to turn back toward my house I had the pleasant surprise of running into my friend Audrey. I'm beginning to like DC more and more as I get a little more settled.


Proof of me walking - shadows are proof right?


It was quite dark by this time...







The church above used to belong to the LDS church. I think it belongs to the Unification Church now. It even used to have Angel Moroni on top.




I didn't take this picture tonight, but wanted to add it. The National Cathedral is one of my favorite spots to go.


This church is right next door to where I live.




This church is a few blocks down from me. Don't know if you can really see in the picture, but it nearly burned down last month. The roof is completely burned out. An apartment complex on the left was severely damaged and actually where the fire started. My hometeacher lives in the apartments on the right.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
queenie said...

dramatic pictures

Kirsti said...

DC is pretty awesome, but Boston is cooler. You should move up and find out for yourself.

cassie said...

DC looks amazing! Do your remember our trip their after highschool with grandpa?I am sure you walk around and just smile at memories of you and me in DC! :)

Greg and Tammy said...

Boy. You ever have problems deciding which one to attend on Sunday? All those beautiful buildings! Lucky you...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lisa c. said...

So cool, I love looking at buildings like that, with so much personality to each one. How are you doing? I'm sad to see that I'm not on your sidebar of friends...:(

Hope all is well Matt! SD misses you, especially with Senor De La Jolla coming up this weekend...:)