Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Better update if people are going to be actually looking at this...




This is the campground at the Puerta de Fe orphanage. I've been working with The Kaiizen Foundation since July and have organized 2 trips for the San Diego chapter and been down numerous times this past year. It can be fairly time consuming, but it's nice to be doing something that feels more rewarding than reading books about economics.

If I can stay focused I should be done with school in June. If you've wanted to take advantage of having family/friends in San Diego, now's the time to act. I don't know where I'll be after June. I'm just starting the job hunt, and I haven't narrowed my search to any specific location. San Diego is nice, but it doesn't have to necessarily stay my home.

4 comments:

erin said...

Yeah, you responded quickly to my request. Thanks! The campground looks neat, but out in the middle of nowhere. Where's the closest place to get food and necessities?

Matthew Gardner said...

the campground is back up in the hills behind the orphanage and the orphanage is about 5 minutes outside a small town called La Mision. Other than the beaches, I don't think Baja is all that picturesque. Beaches are beautiful, but the rest is basically a desert.

Jay and Megan said...

matt I am checking your blog too, so keep posting. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.