Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Lesson of the week...


When you go to your own birthday party, don't do the following. (This is assuming you'll be expected to blow out the candles in front of what I now call "former" friends). I learned the hard way last night that eating sour candy is an incredible stimulus for saliva production. So the lesson...Don't eat lots of sour candy right before you blow out the candles on your cake. I think the pictures tell the rest. An embarrassing moment? Yes indeed. Actually, the people there must be my true friends since only one or two opted to not eat the cake after my disgusting episode. I knew I was in trouble the minute I started blowing the candles out, but I live by the rule that you just can't stop blowing out candles...the shame of not finishing the candles would be much greater than dousing the cake with one's saliva.


4 comments:

WendyG said...

Love it! Just something I'd do. :)

Aunt Wendy

Jay and Megan said...

I would've eaten the cake! Love you Matt!

erin said...

Yum! I love cake, especially with a little saliva. My nieces and nephews always spit on it too. Just adds some flavor!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.