Thursday, June 28, 2007

Finally made it to Santiago

I walked all day today...feel like a missionary again. I saw a family I havent seen in 10 years. By the way, I{m in a small internet cafe and the keyboard is in "Spanish" so you{ll have to ignore some of the typos. I have eaten 4 completos aka...hot dogs (chilean style) since I arrived. They{re actually not as good as I remember..but still not bad. They pile on tomatoes, avocado, and mayo. I should probably eat something else.

A short list of things I did today....

Saw more than a 1000 dogs (i might not be exaggerating...really)
Stepped in dog *&"! 3 times
Tried to kick a dog once, missed, but avoided "una mordida"
Was licked by a mean looking but very nice rotweiller (which apparently sleeps in my bed)
Saw a dog eat its own vomit (sorry if that grosses anyone out)
And ate... yes....another hot dog

Did I ever mention there are a few dogs down here?

Alright, that[s all for today.

I{m tired.

4 comments:

erin said...

Doesn't sound like fun to me yet! Does anyone own dogs, or are they all just roaming the street!

bthackdaddy said...

Matt!

We almost canceled church today cuz you weren't here. I don't think Chile is going to work out for you so you better just come back to San Diego.

Bryan

Anonymous said...

haven't heard from you since Thurs--I certainly hope one of those mangy dogs didn't eat you . . .

Em

tjcool18 said...

Oh how I miss my adventures with dogs. Did you get to see any dogs stuck together? That was always a highlight on the mission.