Wednesday, October 17, 2007




Importing Olive Oil and Avocado Oil from Chile




I've started to do more research on importing olive oil and avocado oil from Chile and it really seems like there is some potential here. Although Chile has yet to establish a reputation as a main olive oil producer, I see plenty of potential. Regarding price, Chilean olive oil should be able to keep transportation costs lower by shipping to the western US. I've tried the olive oil myself and am impressed with the rich flavor. Here are a few pictures of what I would like to start importing. I still need to figure out a number of other issues before I get started, but I'm excited about using my creativity to see how I can get the ball rolling here.








9 comments:

tjcool18 said...

Welcome back to blogging. I will buy some of your olive oil. Is that the same oil they use to make their cazuela taste so yummy?

erin said...

Yummy! I will definitely buy some of your olive oil! Good luck! Oh, and I am in the process of starting an etsy shop...just a few details to sort out. That's where I got a lot of the ideas for the things I made!

Holly said...

We'll help you out in any way possible since we use olive oil everyday.

By the way, Dave and I were talking about how you need to come to dinner again. If you can spare the time, Chewbaca.

kim said...

That sounds great! Good luck sorting out the details.

David Lesue said...

Go Matt!

You have my support 100%. Unless you want me to, you know, dosomething. Like work. That would be a no.

Lambini said...

I am jealous!!

Lambini said...

I am jealous!!

Lambini said...

I am jealous!!

Anna said...

Will you please post some recipes with uses for avocado oil?