Wednesday, October 31, 2007




What am I doing in Utah?

So a few of my friends have asked....what are you doing in Utah? Note the stress of this question lands on "doing" and not "Utah" for all those who may be sensitive about their Utah residence. Utah truly is a good place...and incredibly beautiful this time of year. So what have I been doing? Well, here's a short list....

1. I go to the international cinema on BYU's campus about once a week. Good films....and it's free -- just my kind of activity.

2. I go watch the BYU women's soccer games. Good soccer and well, I'll be honest...really cute girls (the ones playing soccer). Does that make me creepy? Hope not.

3. I weed my sister Megan's garden and do yard work. I am grateful for sisters who don't have time in their schedule and are willling to pay me to be their yard slave. Thanks Megan.

4. I throw dinner parties with old friends (ok, I only did this once).

5. I take vacations from my "vacation". (I went to St. George to see Lindsay run a marathon and the next week I went to Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo with my brother's family...got out just before the fires hit.)

6. I lift weights in the morning. (Yeah...I'm getting big. Ok, maybe not....but I do lift a little.)

7. I've started studying Chinese again. (On my own.)

8. I talk to a Chilean entrepreneur periodically about importing olive oil....need to get moving on that.


9. I play online scrabble....thank you Anna and Facebook.
10. and finally, I look through lots of job listings and every now and again apply to a job that I find interesting.


That's what I do.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Matt, you need to come to dinner here once a week. Add that to your list.

And what's your going rate for yard work? Can we afford to hire you? Seriously.

Maren said...

Sounds like a pretty sweet life if you ask me. Especially the part about you getting ripped. After that list, I'm more inclined to ask, "What are you NOT doing in Utah?"

erin said...

Matthew, do you want to come do some yardwork at my house? I'll pay for your flight!!! :) I'm still trying to get my yard looking good before we put the for sale sign up!!!

tjcool18 said...

Who needs a job when you are doing all of that?

And yes it is creepy that you are checking out the young BYU soccer players.

Anna said...

I just tagged you. Check out my blog for the rules.

Musings of the Mrs. said...

And I thought you were just in Utah for the free home cooked meals. You do have quite a full life!

kim said...

Anytime you want to add babysitting to that busy schedule, we're willing to help you out ;)

Seriously, glad you are finding lots to do--hope we'll get to see you while you are here.