Thursday, January 17, 2008

No Longer Unemployed....

Most of you who are reading this may already know, but I signed a contract today to work for NARUC (The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners). I'm really excited about the position and will start on January 28th. In the mean time I'm apartment hunting and will fly back to Utah on Saturday to pack up and then head back out via my Subaru. I think this is my 3rd time driving across the US...so much fun.

In my job I'll travel a quite a bit. It looks like I'll be over programs in Nicaragua and Ghana, with the possibility of other opportunities in Central America as well.

8 comments:

James said...

Mateo -

Congrats, glad to know it worked out. I'm glad I talked to you a little about this - otherwise I would be wondering how in the world Nicaragua and Ghana went together. Safe travels cross country!

kim said...

COngratulations!!! We'll miss seeing you around, but that's really exciting!

Heather Humphreys said...

hola matt gardner! it's been what, 10, 11, 12 years?? I can't keep track so much. it's me, heather bell (humphreys) from CHS - go patriots! I happened across your blog today, after I happened across amber hoegar's and shandis haskell's and so here i am! hello! it sounds like your life is full of all sorts of accomplishment and excitement! if it's ok, i'll check back here every now and then to see what you're up to! i have a blog too. let me find the address. . . . ok, it's http://web.mac.com/willhumphreys
see ya around the web i guess!
hh

terrah said...

Hi Matt! Congratulations! That sounds like one cool job, it must have been worth the wait. I hope all goes well for you with the move....

Terrah (DeGiulio) Anderson

hyrum said...

Congrats, Matt! Looking forward to your 30th birthday...

Martha said...

Matty,
Happy Birthday!!! You are so old - how does it feel to be the 3-0? I just can't even imagine :) You'll have to let me know, but make it soon. Hope you have a wonderful day!
Do you know how much I used to hate that you were one day older than me? I'm sure you knew, that's why you always teased me about it.

Peter FNFN said...

hermano...
congrats! i'm so jealous! please keep me updated on your job, and travels! i'm so stoked to hear about Ghana and Nicaragua!
punk

- pedro

Musings of the Mrs. said...

I am so happy for you and am glad you are in DC AND getting to travel. Keep in touch!